Thursday, July 15, 2004

Life in disarray

Had a meeting with Sir Edward this afternoon about our tasks.
I made a list of my tasks and schedule... and to my horror, i realized how mumbo jumbo, hugger-mugger my tasks have become. Not to mention the RRC's filing up on my desk waiting to be arranged. (which reminds me to order new fillers from ma'am Ann)..Damn! so many lags, so little time..tsk, tsk, tsk... i can just imagine my merit rating for this year... tsk, tsk, tsk (have to get out of here). So if my work is in total disarray, what about my life? have to check on that, but maybe i'll worry about that later, after i have compiled my Unit Test codes.
On my desks, there are two desk calendars, one with Vic Zhuo's face grinning at me every morning and the other one Albert gave me last christmas. Both are empty. I also have a pretty organizer but it only contained things to buy, bank account numbers, insurance policy number, and birthdays.. but nothing about work schedule. So now I see the problem, 'i am disorganized'.
I'm a type of person who stride in life lightly, too light maybe that I sometimes become oblivious of time (reason why i am always late) and maybe even space. I don't care what the date today is, I even forget my birthday, I remember my ex-boyfriend called me, "The best girlfriend in the world" because unlike other girls, I don't pressure him about our monthsaries or anniversaries. But to be honest, that's because I don't keep track. Funny, one morning Jaja told me, "Hala Ri, di ba 2nd year anniversary nyo ngayon?". Isn't that pathetic, that someone has to remind me of a special date? before i'd go rushing to the nearest bookstore and find the most romantic card available?
That is why I never got interested on the latest models of PDA or Clie, because I know I'll never use it. I'd rather just have an mp3 player so I could listen to music while time pass by me. I just wanted to simplify my life. My cellphone alarm clock is enough to remind me to take vitamins, go to the gym, doctor's appointments, and even about my friends' birthday. I only dream, I never plan. My mind can change anytime, anywhere. i may want to eat sushi now but later i'll eat pasta instead. i may bring my workout outfit in the morning but end up shopping and eating (probably if i'm with Georgia ;p) in the afternoon. i may love you now and forget about it one day. So you have to make a beep and remind me why i wait for you or you'll be lost with time.

But still i think i need to change. I think I need to learn how to use my organizer.


1 Comments:

Blogger poeticnook said...

i dont think people with PDAs or Clies or any organizer for that matter, are organized, its just for show, deep down. everybody is a slob, hehe =p

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home