Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Letter To My Heart this Valentine's Day

Dearest Heart,


I have never seen you this sad, low and scared. I tried to smile and laugh to make you happy and show to the world that you are okay. But no matter how hard I try, you still want to hide in your room and cry. You said you no longer want to pretend.


I am really, really sorry. I should have kept you in a safer place with a higher wall. I shouldn't have left you lying under the sun hoping that someone would pick you up and take care of you. I got engrossed with my own fantasy that I forgot the fact that in reality people can be so cruel.


I am sorry I stayed in a relationship that was killing you just because I was scared to be alone. I am sorry I gave you away to the first person who swept me off my feet without even thinking if he truly deserves you. You are one good heart, you love with all that you have and with all sincerity. You are even willing to break a piece of you if it can make your family, friends or love one happy. I couldn't forgive myself for letting him break you and leave you alone and shattered like this. All for some sweet talks and a trip to wonderland that never exists.


I am writing this letter because Valentine's day is lurking behind the corner. I know how much you hated this event for this is the day when you feel you're an outcast. For I can never display you together with all the pink and red happy hearts hanging around the bookstores and malls because sadly, the city has no place for broken hearts. You know, broken hearts don't sell on special days like this.


I want you to know that I am here, I will pick each of your broken fragments and make you whole again. I will take your frail and quivering body in a place where no one can ever hurt you again. Everyday, I will choose to move on and look forward for you. I will be strong for you my dear heart. So next time, you will see yourself dangling happily beside those pretty hearts you have envied for so long. I promise, you will be the most beautiful one among them, you will look like you have never been broken before.


Valentine's day is a tribute to all who have loved with all their hearts. So on this day, I will not allow any bad or happy reminders that can make you cry. I will not let a single tear to fall from you. We will celebrate this event with people who have touched you and made you feel special even in ordinary times.


You deserve to be happy. Happy Valentine's day.

love,

Ria


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home