Sunday, October 24, 2004

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind


Yesterday lizette and I watched the movie Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind which was highly recommended
by Nats last Saturday night during our conference call. She said the movie is fit for what zet and I are going through right now.

True enough, the movie is about a couple (Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet) who undergone a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turnsed sour, but it was only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.

How I wish it was that easy to forget someone who have touched your heart so deeply. Just a visit to Dr. Howard Mierzwiak and voila! everything's gone and forgotten and you can move on without any trace of hatred and pain. The idea of moving on is easy, the acceptance that the two of you are just not mean for each other, even though what you've shared is so beautiful, just comes with time. But the memories that permanently stays and haunt you is the hardest part of all to live with. These memories creates a damage in you, that makes you scared of opening your heart and loving again... they said these things will make you stronger... I guess it's only a nicer way of telling that it can make you a stoic for the next time.

Actually the movie made Zet and I more depressed, and as if it wasn't bad enough, just when the movie ended there was a firework display near our house. Watching the fireworks was like watching another movie entitled My Story. It started so suddenly, sparks where everywhere, everything was so fast, it was so beautiful but I just can't keep it and all I can do is to get the most out of the momentary flash of lights. Because it was not meant to stay for long. When the show ended, it left me with that wonderful memories that makes me happy that once in my life someone brought me fireworks during a starless night. But sometimes the sadness that comes along the ending makes me wish it didn't happen at all.

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot? The world forgetting, by the world forgot." (Alexander Pope)

How lucky indeed are those people with spotless mind, who can just come and go in one's life without taking anything, not even a memory with them. Who can just forget and move on with their lives like nothing happened.

How do they to that?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home