Saturday, November 13, 2004

Closed Doors and Open Windows

My past blogs have been about pain, lost love and all the blah, blah that comes with it. I just noticed that I have been giving more than enough credit to that insensitive-man-with-a-spotless-mind who is surely having the time of his life right now.

Now I am going to write about the good things that have been going on around me. I don't want to look back to my blogs and remember how pathetic I had been. Maybe 3 to 4 blogs are enough to remind myself that I still know how to pick myself up when I fall down. That i don't sulk in the pit, blame the whole world and let the mud overflow me.

So what's up with me?

I just finished my 8-day Short Course on Sign Language Literacy with the Hearing and Deaf Society (HANDS). I used to learn sign language in our church when I was in college but since I lack practice, I have forgotten most of them already. Besides, what we were thought in church was the ASL (American Sign Language) and with HANDS they taught us FSL (Filipino Sign Language). My friends have been asking me why I decided to take the course when I don't have any need for it since none in my family is a deaf and mute. Well, the story is ever since I joined sign language class back in college and got to be surrounded with deaf and mute, I have developed a soft spot for them. I am a lover of music and I talk a lot, sound for me is one of God's greatest miracle and I can't imagine my life to be soundless. So I thought that even one additional person who can communicate with them will make a lot of difference in their world. Now I have newfound deaf friends, Abegail, Frederick and Paul.


Then I spent my last weekend in Manila, the company that interviewed me a month before sent me back there to have me interviewed by their project managers last Monday. The interview went great, I realized that I am beginning to be good in answering the usual boring company questions after all the interviews I have gone through these past months with the other companies. The software application they are creating for New York, Japan and Korea is different from the softwares we are making here in NEC but I am taking it as a challenge and I am pretty excited about it. The offer was too good to be true because they give the salary in crisp dollars!(Now I can open a dollar account) It was so funny because just few days ago I was asking my friends if it's possible that I remain working here in the Philippines and earn dollars at the same time. =) The salary isn't that big compared to how much I will earn in US but it's literaly a crazy dream come true for me. =) The best part is I can still have my grand vacation on December because I don't have to start working there until January.
I learned that if things are meant for you and with prayers, opportunities will just fall on your lap and things will go well as you planned.


I just hope that God willing, this will really push through. I'm just so excited to start my new life in Manila.

That weekend I was also able to go to Pampanga with my mom to visit my old relatives there. Actually, my mom went there to have a break from my dad for they had a big, big fight last All Saint's Day vacation. I thought it's just one of their petty fights which I have already been used to for years. I discovered that I have very well mastered the art of being numb and unaffected amidst the shouting and the bickerings. After all those years, I have developed this large threshold for pain. Nothing hurts more than seeing your mom cry infront of you, she used to do that to my grandma but now that all she had was me, when I saw her crying I decided to stop being the child who hides in one corner and be the strong daughter for my mom.

I'm just so glad that last monday, my dad and mom already kissed and made up. My dad apologized to my mom, which he rarely or never do and they were able to talk and explain their sides. =) Nothing can be better than this!

About my lovelife...

I haven't really forgotten all about it while I am trying to get busy rebuilding my broken wall and swirling through the more significant events in my life. Actually I met someone during my short trip in Manila, he is my roommate's boyfriend's bestfriend (whew!). They have been setting us up before and we've finally met last Monday after my interview. It was just a short meeting in Glorietta and he was gentleman enough to drive me and Nats to Greenhills after. We had fun talking in his car while we bear the traffic in Edsa and I found out that he is a dentist with a clinic in Ortigas (what's with me and medicine anyway?) and also he plays the piano pretty well since he is a band member in his school (hmmm..). My friends were asking if there was a spark or something, but actually I wasn't looking for any that day. I am just taking it lightly this time and I treat him as one of my new friends, anyway, love is like any opportunities, it will just find you if it is meant for you.

As this song goes by Shawn Colvin from the soundtrack of one of my favorite movies, Serendipity:

"When you know that you know who you love, you can't deny it.
Or go back, or give up, or pretend that you don't buy it.
When it's clear this time you've found the one, you'll never let him go
Cos you know and you know that you know.
And it's time you come in from the cold.
Haaa...
And you know that you know"







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home