Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Your Part in My Story is Over


We danced,
We sang,
we laughed,
We dreamed

Life tinged with perfection

Suddenly, the music stopped,
one last note sang,
only your echo filled the stage,
no more lights that resembled our stars

the curtain closed down
by the one holding the velvet rope

I bowed down alone
as the unshakable woman
who doesn't need goodbyes
who is undaunted by beautiful memories

I will then cry back to my reality
and swear to never play this part again

But when the curtain opens for another show

I will never let you stop me from dancing,
I will never let you stop me from singing,
I will never let you stop me from laughing,
I will never let you stop me from dreaming

Your part in my story is over


ria 11/04/2004 3:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home