Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Wedding and Photographs

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can you still remember the hit movie "My Bestfriend's Wedding" and its eternally popular line by Julia Roberts, "Choose me! Marry me! Let me make you happy!"? Oh how I love this movie and this line as well. Do you also remember how it broke your heart when movie ended with Micheal choosing Kimy over Julianne just after he danced with Julianne under the sun while he sang "The Way You Look Tonight"?
-----

Last night Nats and I were looking through pictures of our couple friends and our old "friends" and their current apple of their eyes, if you know what i mean. We just can't help but notice how our guy friends end up with girls who are physically, not quite what you expect them to end up with. I mean there's a sea of gorgeous ladies out there who would look better with them. Okay, okay i admit -- like me. =p

Well who can argue with that feeling called love! when it strikes, it conquers all reasons.

But is it really love?

When a man is torn between two girls who are both in love with him, both are nice, interesting and compatible with his personality, what really is his basis of whom to stick out with (that is of course if there's an inescapable pressure to choose only one). Will he choose the one with the biggest boobs? I doubt it! of couse he's not that shallow. I have show stopper girl friends who have gotten themselves in this beauty pageant-like situation and most of them end up eating the dust of the plain ones who have won the crown or rather, the man.
So I assume that men has this unwritten criteria of picking out between his two ladies-in-waiting.

10% beauty and body
10% love
5% talent and ability
75% willingness, comfort and convenience

So there, it's really not about her beauty or her disarming smile or her drool-worthy body. Unless she assures him that she will always be there no matter what, where and how, 24/7... never expect that she'd be the one on the photograph with him and wearing that "and we live happily ever after" grin.

Love is just magnified to a proportion big enough to mask the real reason simply because "i love her" is more romantic than saying "she's less complicated". Oh who would ever be willing to sweat these days just for mere companionship?

I know coz for some time I've heard "Comfortable na kc ako sa iyo" and some complaints in between more than "I love you for all that you are". I have also seen some who disappeared before my very eyes the moment I transform into a puzzle to be solved.

But then this is just my two cents worth.

Love remains life's sweetest mystery and I will never find out the real reason why Micheal chose Creme Brulee over Jell-O or why she's the one on the photo and not me.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home