Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Ghost from the Past



I went to Ayala last Saturday with Mau, Monette, Arlene and Claire for its Midnight Sale. While we were walking around, I met a man who looked very familiar. We were staring each other for quite awhile because I was trying to remember who he was. When he winked at me I suddenly remembered him and in a reflex I uttered the word "FUCK!" right on his face and then I smiled before he got lost in the sea of strangers in the mall.

Weird huh?!

That guy is my ex-boyfriend. He is my first boyfriend actually, they said first love never dies but for me,he died four years ago and what I saw that night was just his ghost. I guess he haunted me to remind me that I have a serious case of amnesia or Alzheimer's disease.

How can I ever forget the jerk, I mean the man who was the first to break my heart and then stepped on the shards again into smaller pieces?

I almost thought that life was so unfair, I loved him with all my heart and he just toyed with it. He was dancing in high spirits with his girl while I was miserable day and night. I'd used to ask the question,
"Why are they so happy while I am suffering, when I didn't do anything wrong?" but I found out that you can never question fate.

Indeed, he got his karma but at that time, I no longer cared. I just felt pity for what he had gotten himself into.

The healing wasn't easy, it took a lot of time and tears before I could give him my sweetest revenge. He thought he'd mess up my life by leaving me but I was able to pick up the fragments, moved on and focused on building myself a good life that I deserve. Which he could never believe when we met for the last time months after he dumped me. He even told me, "Akala ko ndi ka makagraduate nung nagbreak tayo." (huh! what a thick-faced bastard!)

Remember, no one is worth destroying your life for.

No matter how deep, no matter how painful, get up and move on for time will definitely heal all wounds.

There may be scars left but let it remind you the battle you have won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home